Record Shopping

As I travel, I'm always looking for places to shop for vinyl. With limited information available, I thought it would be helpful to others if I shared my experiences. Feel free to make your comments about the stores or to recommend stores in your city. I collect mostly 80's New Wave, Punk and Alternative so that's what I base my recommendations and reviews on.




Add a Record Store Review In Your Area!

e-mail all reviews to azlocal@gmail.com


8.1.08

Tucson

05/15/2007
Drove down to Tucson this afternoon to check out some record stores.Two Zia Records locations - Both absolutely sucked. Based out of Phoenix and my regular source for vinyl, I couldn't have been more disappointed. No selection and thrift shop condition at both places. I only picked up two 7" singles (Pete Shelley and Depeche Mode imports) and a 5 song EP featuring The Mighty Lemon Drops, World Party and The Bodines. PDQ Records (on Dodge and Grant)- quite possibly the largest selection of vinyl of any store I have ever been in, arranged beautifully, easy to browse. Unbelievable selection, it was like everything I looked for they had. Prices varied wildly but almost everything was reasonable. Most records I bought were in the $3-5 range and included:Los Illegals, Robert Seidler - Cig Sisters, Smash Palace, Horizontal Brian, New Marines, Nervus Rex, The Neats, Quincy, It's Immaterial, Bongos - Beat Hotel (Sealed), Red Wedding - Nails, Randyandy and several local LP's from 80's acts that I have been searching high and low for!!! I wish I had more time to spend there. If you are in Tucson, make sure you leave enough time to go to PDQ Records, you won't be disappointed!!


11/05/2007
Went to Tucson for the weekend and went to PDQ again Saturday and Sunday. If there is a better store anywhere I don't know where it is. Tons and Tons of vinyl, and the new owners have all LP's at 50% off!!! I picked up a ton of off the wall stuff, again, stuff I don't normally see in other stores. It's a must if you ever go to Tucson (and this would be the only good reason to go there!).

No comments: